CRIPE organizes a Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers every two years to promote research related to river ice. Participants include students, researchers, and practitioners from across North America and overseas.
The 21st CRIPE Workshop on River Ice was held virtually August 29 to September 1, 2021.
Themes and topic areas include:
- Freeze-up and breakup processes
- Numerical and Physical Modelling
- Ice Processes and the Environment
- Field Monitoring and Case Studies
- Ice and River Regulation
- Ice Jams and Breakup Forecasting
- Ice and Infrastructure
- Fish and Ice
- Ice and Climate Change
Additional topics may also be considered.